Sunday, July 20, 2008

Swollen Sabbath


To save the world, one act at a time, I decided to walk to church like I used to.  I should have put more thought into my shoes...my blisters cover my entire heel, its creepy.  I walked bare foot 3/4 of the way and couldn't walk at all while at church, thus trumping the cute shoes.  I got a ride home with a nice neighbor.

Now my eyes are swollen shut due to the worst allergies I've ever had.  Usually they don't kick in  until mid-late August, but lucky me they came a month early.  I'm trying not to rub my eyes because that is bad.  But the more I think about NOT rubbing my eyes the harder it is not too.  Its like the tinted windows in my car (see previous entry) I feel like rolling it down the whole time I'm in my vehicle.

What do you see when you rub YOUR eyes?  I see black and red checks in all sizes spiral in nature in several areas meeting along the center bright white lightning bolt.  I bet you've never thought about what you see when your eyes are closed.  I try to think how I would portray my eyes being closed, as if I were filming it...thus the checker board spirals.

2 comments:

dastew said...

Are you kidding I love rubbing my eyes and seeing all the fun colors and shapes. Especially after I just wake up or if you're lying out in the grass watching the clouds. That's the best because I can see if the shapes in my closed/rubbed eyes match the clouds.

Amber Bailey Stevenson said...

yeah, steph, you have a blog!!!! I think it's hilarious, because when I initially set mine up, I used your exact background. See living together, made some-what think alike! :]
How have you been doing? My blog(which I am new to) is baileystevenson.blogspot.com

When are we going to be hanging out again?