Thursday, July 24, 2008

School Work!


I am proud to say that I did work today (besides my projects).  I am now planned August through the end of December.  SWEET!  Next week I'll work on January - March and then the rest in August, just in time for school to start.  I also finished the Bluffs family newsletter.  It is a semi-annual newsletter of my friends that live in our townhomes (The Bluffs-there are 12 of us).  This newsletter had stick drawings, instead of our normal photographs, and was written in Mad-Lib form.  I think it is one of my best.  One might LOL upon reading it.

I read The Alchemyst today.  I have heard it is the book to read right now, and I love to up on things so I bought it and read it.  It didn't seem much like a book to be discussed amongst scholars, though I thought it was entertaining.  It was the first book in a series (I didn't realize) so I went back and bought the next book, The Magician, today.  They are written by Michael Scott, so I couldn't resist.  As I meandered through the bookstore I saw another The Alchemist (with an i) book on the Best Buys section.  It was a totally different book than the one I read...hmmm.  I am apparently reading the teenager, fictional Alchemyst :)  I do love teen lit!  I'll try the "real" one later I suppose.

Tomorrow is the 24th of July - Utah's holiday!  I don't have to work, so I'm going with another group of friends to see The Dark Knight (3rd time) at noon.  It should be just as good and just as jumpy as the first two times.  Maybe Ali will enlighten us with another Sidewalk of Fire in her pioneer gear.

2 comments:

dastew said...

The Paulo Coelho version is a classic. It's a bit new agey in parts but I loved it.

Sandra said...

You know what you should do? You should have a section on your blog about books you're reading. I like to know what people are reading and what's the book to read at the moment. I never know! I think I might get my hands on a copy of it and read it. I wonder which one I should do, the teen version or the other one (I'd call it the adult version but that doesn't sound too great!)