Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Another Summer Day

I'm not sure why I've chosen to start a blog.  Nothing really happens in my life that would be of interest to anyone but me, but it seems to be the thing to do!

This summer I have a few projects in the works.  The first project I completed was a photo album printed up of my Church History trip to New York and Ohio (including some fun stops along the way).  The first uncompleted project is the painting of my room and furniture.  As Marti calls it:  painting prison.  It takes up all of your extra minutes.  My bed is done and one set of shelves.  I have a desk and dresser to finish (and start, for that matter).  My room will be a very light blue and my furniture is a flat black.  Mark says its very contemporary.  Another project is to organize my school stuff.  Yep, I'm working even when I'm not working!  I just think that if I do my planning now that it will be much easier later (its only taken 6 years to figure this out).

I love summer.  I enjoy movies and its always nice to be able to see a matinée at the cheaper price.  Movies I have enjoyed so far:  Hancock twice (good but a lot of swearing and some more swearing), Get Smart twice (probably my favorite of the year - it's laugh-outloud funny), Batman (will see on Friday - heard great reviews), Chronicles of Narnia 2 (I loved it - even though the theatre rained on us),  and I can't think of any more at the moment.  Unlike most people, I cannot remember movies very well and often have to see them twice to really know what they are all about.  So, if you don't have to do this...count yourself blessed.

No comments: