Sunday, July 20, 2008

Como se llamas?


Just returned from the Spanish Fork Llama festival.  It was over 100 degrees.  It was held at the Hare Chrishna Temple.  We were required to remove our shoes just outside the doors of the entrance.  I was impressed with the respect the many visitors maintained in their temple.  In the basement they sold Indian (dot not the feather) goods and food.  It is a beautiful building.  

Outside were the llama activities.  They had several llamas competing in the obstacle course, which had stairs, ramps, hurdles, in through the van and out the rear of said van, around and through a horse trailer, through curved pipes down low and others with streamers hanging down.  Sandra and I decided that llamas have a bit of an attitude.  The announcer was forever telling us the thoughts of each llama and why they would or wouldn't do certain tasks...and he was always correct.  It was entertaining and I'm happy to add another unique festival to my list this summer.  Pictures to come later.

PS.  I had my windows tinted (mentioned earlier) and learned that I cannot open any of the windows for 2-3 days while it sets up.  The company put a large green tape over the driver-side window controller that says "Do not roll down your windows"/  Now I have the urge to roll down my windows every time I get in the car.  I've never had this craving before but now I cannot stand being in my car and not rolling down the windows.  It is ridiculous!  

No comments: