Sunday, March 5, 2017

THE ANSWERED PRAYERS CHRONICLES

ANDY AND THE PASSPORT

Sleeping in on a Saturday morning, I received a frantic phone call from my older brother, Andy.  He and his kids were vacationing in Seattle for the weekend, but he was stressing out over his missing passport (left somewhere, hopefully in his home here in Utah).  He and Mark, my younger brother, were leaving right after Seattle trip and he needed to know if he should pay $500 for an emergency passport.  YIKES!!  He, Lily and Oakley had prayed about it and Lily said, "ask Steph to find it.  She can find anything!"  And so he did.

I knew that this stress would kill the family vacation so I rushed right over to his house...his giant house...with all sorts of closets and files and drawers...

I entered through the garage and went straight to the kitchen.  There were already 8 places I thought I could look...just in the first room.  I knew that I could not accomplish this task alone and knelt right in the middle of the kitchen.  I said a quick prayer asking for guidance to the passport and specifically asked if it would be quick so that the family wouldn't be stressed.  The Lord's timetable is not always on my side, but I knew that it would be quick the moment I stood up.

Minute 1:  I left the kitchen and went directly to the master bathroom upstairs...because who wouldn't keep important documents in their bathroom?! What?!

Minute 2:  A tall filing cabinet stood before me and I opened each drawer only to find random toiletries...because that is what you "file" in a filing cabinet?!  What?!  I chuckled to myself and moved on.

Minute 3:  The bathroom also contains a walk in closet of OCD color organized shoes and clothes AND a small 2 drawer file cabinet...which was full of empty hanging files.  Weird.  He had the two kids passports on top, which he had obviously found while searching for his own.  I opened the drawer again because I felt I should.  I looked through each file and found nothing, but still felt like I was in the right place.  I pushed all the files to the back and there is sat, flat on the bottom, all alone. YAY!!  I cheered.

I took a picture of it and sent it to Andy.  Which he couldn't open apparently and responded, "what is it?!"  Boring.  Text msg:  "I found your passport!"
My heart burned with joy, like that "burning in your bosom" you read about - yeah, that's how it felt and I knew that Andy and his family felt it too.  I said a prayer of gratitude right there in the closet.  What a miracle!  What a blessing!

The Lord is aware of me and my prayers.  He knows what I need and when I need it.  I KNOW my prayers will ALWAYS be answered and I know that God answers them in His way and not mine, thank goodness!

No comments: