Wednesday, March 4, 2015

A day...#14

Journal 3/4/15

Sometimes I dread Wednesday's because of young women's, it stresses me out. Sherri was in charge but asked me to take over for tonight, a service scavenger hunt. I thought about it all day, which wasn't exactly what I was expecting when I prayed for service opportunities.

I looked cute today, or at least I liked my outfit which makes me feel cute :) my spring dress wintered up with a wool sweater and boots. 

I'm being bombarded by fellow educators' emails for Monday's rally at the state Capitol. I will be going obviously, even though I have to wear red to show my support...maybe this is a ploy for Utes to try and convert me...

Now that I'm writing daily "blogs" I find that work sounds exactly the same and I have to try and pull interesting information out of the blah. I met with students and helped plan their futures. I met with a mom who's student is autistic and it was his first day, it went better than she could have imagined.  Met with the department chairs to talk about each department's concerns and plans. I ate breakfast about 11:30am and lunch at 4:30pm.

I text all of the girls and offer rides. I pick up 3 or 4 girls and have my other leaders pick up the others. I forgot to pick up Deja (a nonmember I usually pick up on Wednesdays). I have forgotten before and felt horrible, but her dad dropped her off for the first time tonight. I still felt horrible, but happy she came.  I remember when I hoped for 3 girls, tonight was a slow night and there were 10! :) 

I split the YM/YW into groups of 4. I wrote all of their names down and then pulled two boys and two girls for each group (I'm trying to get them to work together). I was impressed that it worked and with very little push back.  They had a list of 5 service items and they went into the ward and had to film and accomplish one per household. I Facebooked most of the ward to make them aware of our activity because no one answers the door in our neighborhood (and I'm not exaggerating). 

When all of the groups returned we read Doctrine and Covenants 4 in their groups and discussed service. Then I had two people from each group rotate and watch the other videos before eating donuts and chocolate milk. Success!  (But glad it's over, a little).
2 episodes of "The Flash".  I finished "The One" - so cheesey, but happily ever after. I typed this during The Flash, which is why it might be a lightly jumpy...

Ether 3
1 Nèphi 11

No comments: