Tuesday, March 3, 2015

A Day.. #13..

Journal 3/3/15

When I write the date I always see some random pattern that makes it seem like a cool day, even though it's just numbers. Today is 3/3 and 15 is a multiple of 3 so that is cool, right?!

I loved watching the snow out my office window. It seems like I am the only adult in the building who thinks snow is great.  It was fascinating to see it engulf everything so quickly and it's beautiful. I was distracted during our team meeting today. Normally my job is to keep everyone on task and focus our discussion into action plans. Instead I was often just staring outside while the rest of the team blabbed on and on about the histories of the student instead of how to move forward. Scott finally stepped up and quoted my line, "so what is your actions plan with _____"? Then he'd look at me and we'd laugh to ourselves. I took my job back and the meeting finally came to an end...20 minutes late. 

I can't help but find more efficient ways to accomplish things, no matter what it is. Today I downloaded GTI class loads and made a spreadsheet for the information.  Now we can use it alphabetically, GPA high to low or visa versa, or by grade level. I download all kinds of info during the day and it is ready for anyone anytime. My team takes it for granted.  I don't know how they think it comes about, but they don't ask and I don't tell. Organizing information or creating forms is relaxing to me. I enjoy it as a break from dealing with life situations I can't control or fix. Plus I like to make it look enjoyable to read, cute fonts and pictures.

The snow was melted, for the most part, by the time I left school. It was a beautiful sunny day with a hint of snow in the fields. I was hoping for dark skies and more blizzards. 

I got home and read from my phone - Kindle app- "fractured". I'm getting better and jumping from one story to the other (the listening story and the reading story). Both are super fluffy girly books, but I usually prefer fluff during the school year and depth during the summer. I read until Ali gets home. She's a chatty one, but she only talks to me if I'm reading or watching something. If we are just sitting she has nothing to say, but the moment I pick up my book she starts to talk...this is a proven fact, many experiments have tested this theory. I watched the newest Gotham because I don't mind talking through it.

6:30pm was the Relief Society birthday party at the church. It was amazingly beeautiful! The room was decorated so well, from the tables to the lighting to the music, amazing. I felt like I was at a restaurant, a fancy restaurant! Bees was the theme. They had beehives as center pieces, blocks with a quote about spreading the love of Christ and working together, burlap place settings, and adorable patterned table runners. Dinner was chicken cordon bleu, brussel sprouts, and moussaka as dessert. The best moussaka covered in honey! (Minus 2 points and worth it)!

I sat with Natalie, 2 Beckys, Molly, and Sandra. Conversation covered many topics from funny to seriously funny! (What happens at RS, stays at RS). Then as they cleaned up, I do feel slightly guilty for not helping, I caught up with Tori and Jody. Sandra was ready to leave, so I said my goodbyes and we hurried home for a show before bed. To our dismay, Ali's trek meeting was still in progress. We parked at our neighbor's until our driveway was empty.  They weren't there too much longer, just long enough for me to get ready for bed and enter my challenge points for the day.

Sandra and I watched 2 quick episodes of "The Flash" while doing squats between commercials (not during commercials, because we don't watch commercials). We did 60 tonight!

Ether 2
1 Nèphi 10

I need to pray for opportunities to serve others.

No comments: