Tuesday, March 3, 2015

A Day in the Year of My 40th

Journal 3/2/15

Great in 8 challenge #2 - wish me luck.
A normal day at the office. Melanie called in sick, again, and Heatherlee took her place on the field trip. Good thing it was a pretty mellow day! 

We are starting the Hope Squad at our school, a suicide prevention program with students as our ambassadors. They are trained to be friends in the school, to provide a listening ear and a guide to the counseling center. They are NOT trained to keep secrets or "save" anyone, everything will go through trusted adults.

I spend most of my days talking to students who can't figure out how to register for classes every year! They've done it three years in a row now, but it is a mystery every year?! I am very patient with them and pretend it's normal they can't do it.

It snowed and sleeted today, which mellows the kids, but as I type this I remember that Tanya brought 2 girls to clean up after their fight in the hallway.  A lot of hair pulling involved and not a lot of attitude that usually comes with fighting girls.

We planned for Friday's professional development, which may or may not include a sections on white privilege, school to prison, the hope squad, and chrome books. I'll keep you posted.  Lunch today was lasagna leftovers, yum! I also took my negative points to try the South African treats cold, heaven!

I took a troubled YW to her school meeting, dance company meeting. I hate when the girls are so sad in their home life. I want to fix things or save them, but I can't. It's heart breaking.  And it's not just one of them either :( Ali came with me because I prefer to not be alone in the car with the YW.

Just before I went running at Vasa, the doorbell rang. It was about 8:00pm. A guy was walking away when I answered the door. He was out selling housecleaning. He asked where my accent was from, I get that a lot weirdly enough. He seemed a little shady and I was nervous the rest of the evening that he and his friends would break in or something. I went to the gym and ran to my book, "The One" book 3. When I arrived home, I assumed someone would be in my house. A white car was parked on the street in front of our house. I had 9-1- typed in my phone as I cautiously entered my home.  No one was around and I felt no evil feelings, so I blended my fruit and drank it while entering my points for the day! I watched some "Gotham" and "Hawaii 5-0". Quite gory shows I think I'm becoming desensitized to the scary/gory murder shows!!?

Ether 1 
1 Nèphi 9

No comments: