Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Creative Steph


Sometimes I feel really creative and sometimes I feel nothing at all.   The other night I couldn't fall asleep right away and I knew it was a creative time.   I started drawing some designs for the Joshua Radin t-shirt design contest.  Its been years since I've drawn anything.  Then I decided it was time to finish writing that article for the Ensign (part of my 50 things to accomplish is to be published in the Ensign, so I'm starting now in case it takes a long time).  I haven't written anything since my book was published (just throwing that in there in case I forget that I've accomplished something).  

Its a new term in dance and I'm starting a new contemporary section, which is usually my favorite, but with 6-10 guys in each class it changes the dynamics and makes contemporary harder to sell than normal.  But I've created a very pedestrian dance that will be cool and they haven't figured out its modern... yet.  THEN, when that was done I finished writing the lyrics to a song I will someday write music to... if only I had music abilities, this would go a lot faster.  It'll be a dark song, but hopefully cool.  I can feel the creativity diminishing, but I'm doing everything I can to tap it out.

I have to throw in photos or no one will read it!  Here is me on Halloween as Where's Waldo.  here are some of my designs for Joshua Radin.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

I read your comments even without pictures. :) I also think you're creative. I like the t-shirt! I love your Where's Waldo costume.

Sarah said...

I thought you were always creative and clever now you've shattered my image of you. :>

Good move making a street cool modern dance maybe by the time they figure it out they'll already like it. I miss dancing you must have a blast getting to do it every week!

Jeannie said...

I love how your creative mind works. Sometimes the ideas are there and sometimes nothing. Remember when we were at Foxwood clogging in the kitchen. Not our finest creative night, but a ton of fun! I love the shirts. Can't wait to hear how it goes.