Friday, September 26, 2008

Life, as is.

We'll just start with today.  Because of PTConference I get today off of  school (HOORAY).  Sandra and I went to the movies to see "Eagle Eye" with Shia La Boeuf (my personal favorite).  Prior to the movie I  went to the powder room to blow my nose (results of a flu/cold I've had the past week- yuck and mucus).  I walked in and saw the quick glance of some guy and then 2 urinals, delayed, and seemingly in slow motion, I registered that this was not where I was supposed to be.  I quickly turned about and double checked the picture of the little man outside the door- pants not skirt.  YIKES!

I am having a lot of fun with my dance classes.  The boys in my classes are not shy, which makes for good times and hip hop.  The classes love dancing and work hard everyday, something I'm not used to, especially with boys.  I enjoy class daily.  I also enjoy math.  Only teaching 2 classes is nice.  The state of Utah is trying to get rid of me because I got a C- in honors Calculus (in 1994) and not a C.  So, I am attempting to take it again, independent study, HA HA HA!  We'll see if that passes or I guess I won't teach math anymore :(

I have bratty cheerleaders (4 of the 15) that I wish didn't exist.  They used to be nice girls, but no more...I suppose its kind of my fault to let them pretend to be these great cheerleaders.  One girl skipped class one day and got called on it and now she is trying to get everyone to quit if she gets kicked off (and I'm all for that), but she's not getting kicked off so I guess no one will quit (not that they would anyway).  Gotta run, its Ashley's Sweet 16th party and I'm the hostess (with the mostess)!

5 comments:

dastew said...

hehe. that's funny steph. in your defense maybe the pants looked more like a pant suit?

Claudia said...

This is a great post! I laughed (having used a men's restroom myself after about 50 miles on a mountain bike in the sun), I cried (bratty cheerleaders, don't mess with Steph), and I thought really mean things about UT (how dare they think you can't teach math...need some online tutoring?). Thanks for some good reading!

Bridget said...

You got a C-??? I can't believe that. They should just be lucky that the person teaching math actually knows some math.

Sounds like you had a good day off and you might need to turn up the heat on those cheerleaders. Maybe a little humble pie will make them work harder.

Sandra said...

Ok, ok... Steph, I'll tutor you and get you through your Independent Study math class. :) How is that going? Do you remember my RETARDED independent study math class? You and Eli tutoring me? Those were good days. Hope you do great!!
You're hilarious, I love your blog. How was Eagle Eye? I need to go see that soon.

Sarah said...

I'm guessing you're not teaching calculus in junior high so why do they care? Stupid state of Utah. Good luck - if you can teach at a junior high and stay sane you can do anything!!! If you need help take Claudia up on her free online tutoring. From what I remember, she's pretty smart. :>