Friday, June 4, 2010

Life's a Zoo!

We planned a girl's day for our "birthdays" (covering 5 months of time!)

Lunch and Hogle Zoo!

It was an overcastly beautiful day. A nice breeze kept us alive and walking. Poor mini Rios couldn't enjoy our day to it's fullest because of the several shots he had the day before. His legs were swollen and sore, I felt bad for him. He was a trooper and rode in the stroller (unless I was carrying him around).

The zoo is not like I remember it as a child. Many of the animals are scarce - no zebra, no hippos, no polar bears, no lions... it was a little tear-jerking. Though they have made some of the habitats (like the elephants) cooler.

We took a tour on the carousel and then a short train ride (now that was EXACTLY like I remember it) around the same old story row. Mini Wade and I sat right behind the conductor. We couldn't understand a word or breath, but loved every minute staring at the train engine!
But the kiddo's real highlight was the playground!!
I had a wonderful time. It's fun being an "adult" :)

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

Look how cute we are! That was so fun. Thanks for the birthday present. I took Lilly, Noah, and Ethan again last week and we had a great time. Love ya-