Saturday, August 14, 2010

SPYHOP - Film School.

Training for school, unpaid, 50+ hours, summer time early morning to evening ... sounds like a horror movie! Luckily, I loved every minute of it.

This past week a few teachers from Matheson were invited to participate in Spyhop training. An arts education grant paid for us to attend these workshops on how to incorporate film making into our curriculum, or to enhance our curriculum rather. Because I already love film making, this was a wonderful experience. We made short films about a box, a Public Service Announcement (PSA), a book trailer (like you'd see for movies), stop motion, and a short documentary.

Now when I see a movie or commercial, I can see all of the makings in motion. I feel like I would like to make a documentary about school and children, but I haven't moved past the desire stage yet (well, it has only been ONE day...).

Our documentary, "I Sleep with a Nightlight", was about Tanya and my dreams/nightmares. Tanya is afraid of Zombies and I am afraid of the dark (and many other things). I didn't see it coming together in such a short amount of time, but we pulled it off and I'm pretty confident ours was coveted by other people :)

No comments: