Sunday, March 21, 2010

My filming debut


I have always dreamed of making a movie. I have no skills or training that would make me good at it, but I have wanted to none the less. I wrote a short story and began the filming of that story yesterday.

I had a vision of what I wanted and made a script and storyboard to help me fulfill my vision. I also gathered a crew of geniuses. Sandra for my costumes and set design , Ali for hair and make up , and my actors: Amy is Barbie ("Milli") Julio is GI Joe (Joe) and Ken (Carson) is played by Blake . Who wins Barbie's heart in the end? You'll have to see the movie to find out!

I had made all the arrangements and decorations weeks in advance. Saturday morning's shoot was to begin at 10 am. I had all characters ready and had some extras to be at the party. 10am comes and I receive texts and calls from flakey friends who "had something come up" and I was left with 2 extras. Lame. Luckily, well an answer to prayer, my family showed up unexpectedly. Ashley pulled up with 4 kids in her car and later Matt also came with 2 kids. My original plan has now turned into something a little different.

We dressed them in the costumes we had for my other extras: Pippi Longstockings , Bob the Builder , Barbie's mom , Barbie's sister, Skipper ,Darth Vader and a storm trooper , Harry Potter , some Bratz dolls , Matt will be found in most shots as Waldo , Andy showed up later and we put him in the Alvin costume , and a homemade Cabbage Patch Doll made a quick appearance .

It was a fun couple of hours and I got about 8 minutes of footage in that time. Now I'm onto the editing process, which is more difficult than I had planned. My newer Mac has the new firewire connection and I couldn't locate the right wire yesterday. Now it is time to organize a photo shoot of Barbie and her two beaus, some wedding shots, some catching butterflies shots, picnics etc.

My goal is to have a film in the Gangrene Film Festival next September! I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Messimoo said...

Totally blog stalking. Steph, you CRACK me up! I read this post and your fighting post, I can totally see you walking in yelling, "What's going on?" Ha ha ha, thanks for making me giggle.