Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Calculus is for poopy brains.

I returned from my European trip with a renewed energy to finish my Calculus class.  I thought I had until the end of August and I planned accordingly.  Well, day two of working hard (I really did), I received a letter from BYU notifying me that I had until the 28 of July (this being the first week of July) to accomplish all 13 chapters and the final.  I called to get the 3 month extension.  Denied!  Something about the class no longer existing etc.  

I was on chapter 5.  I have since finished chapter 5 and taken my first mid-term (which I had to take at the UofU - I almost died inside, as if calculus wasn't bad enough!).  I have since finished chapter 6 and begun chapter 7 (thanks to my sister, Angie, who allowed me to sit at her kitchen table for 8 hours today!).  Last week I spent babysitting and girls camp while this week is cheer camp.  This couldn't have happened at a worse time for me.  I will take a midterm on Saturday and another on Monday, all the while spending 8 hours on each chapter for homework.  Sheesh.  This is like a full time job and is ruining my summer.  

I wish I could learn life lessons the easy way (and less expensive), since I'll probably be taking this class again... and its my own fault!

4 comments:

Claudia said...

Loved your travelog - didn't realize it was over, would have commented sooner!

Hang in there with the integrals, you'll get through it!

Sandra said...

Ok, ok... I'll tutor you! I know thats what you want deep down inside! HA!! What a joke! I wish I could do something to lighten your load but math and I don't mix! You're awesome and I know you'll get it all finished! I know how you feel, remember my Independent Study math class at BYU? Wishing you lots of luck!!

Bridget said...

All I can say is "I'm sorry". I hate math, so I can feel your pain.

steph doyle said...

Looks like I'll be taking it again :( Ran out of time to finish it, bummer.