Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Whirlwind end of year...

The year drags from January through March then flies when it hits April and May, with an almost whiplash effect.  All of a sudden it's the last 2 weeks of school and I don't remember how I got here.  

Cheer tryouts, dance company tryouts, 6 am practices, late practices everyday, cultural assembly, heroes assembly, collecting money, uniform fittings, paying money, ordering costumes, dance concert, farewell assembly, dance, lagoon day (first one), lagoon day (9th grade) then school ends and I'm still strung out!  And I don't even blog, sad.

Outside of school I've been able to see several movies, study Calculus, plan and play laser tag with 30 people, and oversee my first sharing time.  "Wolverine (XMen Origins)" appeased the ladies with eye candy all around and a tender story of brothers, whilst keeping the men entertained with violence and power.  "Angels and Demons" could be rented with the same effect.  The book left me more sickly than the movie because of its detailed tortures and bloody murders, but then the details also made the book more suspenseful and satisfying in the mystery side of it.  The movie would probably be better without reading the book, but I thought it was well done.  Plus I can't watch movies with boys, to many things to worry about...ruins the movie for me.  "Terminator Salvation"  I should have read up a little on the back story, but it held its own as a blow up everything movie.  Christian Bale and "Marcus" both were great to watch...remember to wipe the drool.  Another movie I can't really say i was fully focused...dumb boys.

Laser Tag 10pm at Copperton Park.  (UVTag.com) pictures and stories to come.

1 comment:

Amber Bailey Stevenson said...

Who are these dumb boys who won't let you focus on the these movies?