Thursday, April 23, 2009

April Fools...month

April is always the busiest month of the jr. high world of dancers and leaders of the cheerers.  

Exhausted, I lived the last few weeks without memories or ZZZZs.  I met with the aspiring leaders at 6:30 in the a.m. all week.  When the ipod dropped the beats of my summer mix at 5:45 a.m., it made my early mornings a smitch easier to handle (which isn't saying much).  With this new short spikey do my primp time is next to nothing.  I wake up, arise a few minutes later, and I am on the road by 6.  This does not make for patient, kind, fun-loving Ms. Doyle.  Quite the opposite, I am cranked out.

Friends and family willing judge my tryouts every year, and actually plans life around them because they are so fun.  Plus I feed them well, fruits and veggies plus everything from the sugarplum wish list (and cheese for my European side).  I am excited for my new team.  They seem happy and nice (an exact opposite of what I have to deal with now).  Lets hope for the best.  

Last night finished a second week of tryouts, this time its the dancing kind.  The twirlers and leapers (not to be confused with lepers).  Actually its been such a long month that I am just realizing that tryouts were today, not yesterday.  sheesh.  I have two new teams and I'm almost ready to pretend I don't even know the teams I have this year (if one's dreams could come true).

My first year teaching I called all the candidates, giving encouragement for those that didn't make it and congratulations for those that did.  It broke my heart to crush their dreams of popularity and fame.  I vowed to never do that again.  Now I just write the numbers on a paper, tape it to the front doors, and run away in my cowardice.  They are left to check the list and cry where I can't see their tears.  Then they avoid me in the halls.  sad.  A catch 22.

3 comments:

Bridget said...

You sound extremely busy but I want to see a picture of the new do. When you get a chance.....

Sandra said...

That is tough Steph! I think you are the greatest! Go catch some Zzzzz's. You deserve it! Love the hair! I think your profile pic on facebook looks like a model!! :)

Jeannie said...

I think you will have great teams next year. It was so fun to judge. I loved it. Your hair is "you"! One more month of school. You can do it.