Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Life.

I'm at a point in the school year where I wonder if I really like teaching.  I think I have this feeling every March, so I thought I'd write about it in case it comes up again.  

I feel like my creativity has been sucked from my soul.  I used to come up with creative teaching ideas for math every day; musical chairs, relays, races, games, group projects.  Now I feel like I'm just going through the motions and passing out worksheets, souless and hallow.  This month is probability and data analysis, which should be more interesting and interactive. 

In dance, I'm done with making up new dances.  I don't have another move in me :(  and I only teach one class right now while my student teacher teaches the others.  It has been nice to see what new things she has to bring to my dance classes.  I am trying to absorb some of her enthusiasm and ideas, but I'm too unfocused to remember anything useful.  Ahh the downward spiral!  When's spring break again...

3 comments:

Sandra said...

That has got to be hard, but I still think you are the best. You have more creativity than I have in my pinky finger!! Good luck.

Sarah said...

Don't people average a career change every 5 years? I guess you're about due. :>

Amber Bailey Stevenson said...

I want to change my job too! Thinking maybe I should teach. Maybe we could switch! :] Atleast you get summers off!