Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Barbie or BUST or is that a barbie bust?

My first cake, by steph doyle...
    fondant is cool.    (FYI: barbie has no legs, just a stick... "oh because the legs would melt in the oven?!)  my teacher - sandra  my long hair...   adding piping and flowers.  
this is for lily wade's 6th birthday.   check out that bodice!  SWEET!  .  Barbie and steph are excited for this beautiful cake :)  
  final cake - barbie's photoshoot.  

The cake inside is strawberry (Lily requested a pink cake), the frosting under the fondant is purple (Lily requested purple frosting), the cupcakes are pink with pink, purple, or white frosting with flowers to match the dress and the letters spelling HAPPY BIRTHDAY LILY (Lily requested it say "Happy Lily Birthday" so I thought she could arrange the words however her heart desired).  Happy Birthday Lily and may all your princess dreams come true :)

4 comments:

Ellen James said...

That is the cutest cake I have ever seen! You are so talented! I have always wanted to experiment with fondant. It looks like so much fun! :)

I hope to see you tomorrow night for some Guitar Hero action.

Sandra said...

Another wonderful talent by Miss Stephanie Doyle! I love it! I was thinking of doing a barbie cake for Abby's birthday, but I don't think it would turn out anything like that! Way to go! You could open up your own bakery by the looks of this.

Bridget said...

I am glad you found the stick Barbie and there was no Barbie harmed in the making of this cake. It turned out great and I am sure you have just made Lily's birthday the best ever.

Jeannie said...

i am finally checking blogs. your cake was perfect yummy and gorgeous. thanks for making her day!